These events offer presentations which are based on historic themes that represent Westminster History. Topics include homes, pioneers, township development, family histories and local governments.
If you have any questions, please contact us through our Contact Form.
Our history presentations are held on the third wednesday of the following months: January, March, May, June, September and November.
November 2018 Meeting
Please join us for our November history presentation. Bring a friend.
Place: Glanworth Anglican Parish Hall
Date: November 21, 2018
Time: 2:00 pm
Speaker: Ken McTaggart, a well known Author and Historian.
On May 24, 1881, the steam boat Victoria capsized and sank close to the Cove Bridge after the boiler broke free and crashed through the supports holding up the second deck, causing the decks to collapse on one another. Hundreds of people people drowned or suffered burns. 238 bodies were recovered from the river. Ken will discuss this disaster and the history of the Springbank Park and waterworks.
Everyone is welcome.
- March 5, 2018 -2018 Littlewood Church
1:30 PM Ron Doane “The wishing Well”
- June 13, 2018- Field Trip to the Fanshawe Pioneer Village
2:00 PM . Dinner to follow.
- September 19, 2018 – Lambeth United Church
7:30 PM (Evening) , Bill Cross, Historical metal detector.
- November 21, 2018 – Glanworth Anglican Church Hall
2:00 PM (Afternoon) , Ken McTaggart. The history of the Springbank waterworks and the Victoria disaster.
- January 19, 2019 – 6:30 PM The WTHS annual meeting and pot luck supper at Lambeth United Church. Al McGregor TV & Radio newsman/author.