Visit Our Heritage Room:
Volunteers staff the Heritage Room:
Wednesday 9:30 am to 11:30 am Heritage Room Closed during pandemic while Library is Closed
Thursday 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Or By Appointment:
To arrange an appointment, complete a Contact Form. A volunteer will contact you by phone or e-mail to arrange the visit.
The Heritage Room of the Westminster Township Historical Society is committed to the collection and preservation of archival materials relating to the history, people, buildings and communities within the areas previously known as the Townships of Westminster and Delaware.
Our collection includes:
- Family histories
- School, Church and local cemetery histories
- Local fire department books
- Several local history scrapbooks, some indexed.
- Tweedsmuir Histories of Delaware, Salem-Nilestown, Wilton Grove, St. Andrews
- Subject files with clippings pertaining to the former townships of Delaware & Westminster
- Annexation newspaper clippings
- Newspaper clippings pertaining to cemeteries, churches, schools in the former townships of Delaware & Westminster
To view a Catalogue list of our three main collections, select the appropriate catalogue number. You will be able to view lists of these collections by clicking on the link above each photo. There are many more documents in our inventory